Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Word From Leaveil

Hello Everyone:

Please let the words that I tell you, educate and help you.

A few months ago, I was experiencing some shortness of breath and decided to have a full physical done. I was not expecting any bad news, but rather a simple remedy to a simple problem. I was definitely wrong. I was diagnosed with heart disease. After alerting my family and dealing with the "why me?" and the "I don't deserve this", I decided to fight back. This is certainly not the end.

I am currently recovering from surgery. With each passing day I am feeling better and look forward to returning to The Whispers very soon. I encourage all that are reading this to know and understand that there are people out there that are just like me, that have not taken the time to go to the doctor. If you love them, have them go and get checked out before it is too late. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States and account for 29% of all U.S. deaths.

As for me, I have been a Whisper for the past 35 years and I intend to continue to do so until the Lord says my time is done. I appreciate all of the kind words, flowers and prayers that I have received over this trying time. My family, friends and fans have been of the upmost support to me. Please consider my life to be just like the lyrics to " And The Beat Goes On"

"I'm still moving strong, on and on......."

With Love
Leaveil Degree

No comments:

Post a Comment